Coconut, coriander & lime biscuits
We came up with these biscuits for Jo Malone the other day, for them to serve in meetings. The idea was to match the notes in some of their fragrances. We tried a few flavours with different herbs, but the coriander ones are definitely my fave. Ice with royal icing and dried flowers and give away as gifts. The lavender ones are super easy too.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- ½ cup melted butter
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ lime juice
- 1tbsp coriander seeds
- Mix all together by hand.
- Roll out into neat balls and flatten onto a greased tray & bake for 12 mins @ 160-80c depending on your oven. They spread a little.
- Make some royal icing.
- Pipe each biscuit around the edge and then fill in the middle. When the biscuits are still slightly wet, decorate them with glitter, flowers, petals etc.
Lavender, vanilla & fennel biscuits
- 175g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp dried finely chopped lavender flowers (in Summer, use fresh lavender and pick them off the stems to measure)
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Beat the butter and lavender together so that the flavour infuses.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Stir in the flour and bring the mixture together with your hands, kneading slightly until all blended.
- Chill the dough.
- Using flour, roll out the dough to desired thickness and cut out with cutters (they don't spread too much during cooking).
- Bake for 15 - 2o mins on 180c until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Lift off with a palette knife and cool on a wire rack.